Young Adult Services
Young Adult Services are designed to guide young adults who are not attending school, ages 16-24, along the pathway to self-sufficiency through career development programs and services that lead to training and employment.
We understand that young adults need a solid foundation of academic and job readiness skills in order to survive and compete in today’s economy. It is for this reason that YAS exists and provides the following services:
- Exploring and developing a career goal
- Job readiness workshops
- Interview preparation workshops
- Paid work experience opportunities
- Job placement assistance
- Online Tutoring in reading and math
- High school diploma/equivalency
- Education and career assessments
- Vocational training preparation
- Entrepreneurial training
- Training Scholarships
- Guidance from a Career Counselor
- Mentoring programs
- Leadership development
- Financial literacy workshops
Start the pathway to a rewarding career.
To learn more about Young Adult Services view an orientation video.
Make the Connection
Register for Young Adult Services using this online application to expedite your request for services.
- Must be 16-24 years of age
- Parent or legal guardian signature is required for those under 18
- Not attending school
- Be a Coos, Curry or Douglas County resident
If you don’t meet our Young Adult Services eligibility requirements, our staff will direct you to other resources that may be able to help you meet your academic and employment goals.
Get Inspired. Get Training. Get Employed.
Young Adult Services have locations throughout Coos, Curry & Douglas counties.